Safeguarding Your Information
At Ben Franklin Bank of Illinois, the security of customer information is a priority. We are strongly committed to the safety and confidentiality of your records. Every day, unscrupulous individuals are busy developing new scams targeting the unsuspecting public. One of the best ways to avoid fraud is to become an educated consumer.
Identity theft is serious! While some victims of identity theft can
resolve their problems quickly, others spend days repairing damage to their
good name and credit record.
• Watch out for copycat websites that deliberately use a name or web address very similar to, but not the same as the real one. The intent is to lure you into clicking through to their website and giving out your personal information, such as a bank account number, credit card number or Online Banking login information.
• Always use your pre-established links to access websites and avoid clicking on links in unsolicited e-mails. If you ever receive a suspicious e-mail representing itself as Ben Franklin Bank of Illinois, please forward the message in its entirety to email@example.com.
• Ensure that your own personal computer has updated anti-virus and firewall protections. Apply security patches for all of your programs and operating systems regularly.
• Passwords should be unique to you and changed regularly. Do not use birthdays or other numbers or words that may be easy for others to guess. Never write down your password or give it to another person.
• Monitor your account activity frequently using our free online and mobile banking services.
Please keep in mind that we will never call or email you requesting your online banking password. We may on occasion call to verify other information regarding your account activity should we see something of concern in your account activity. If you plan to travel and use your debit card, please call us in advance to help ensure the security of your transactions.
Contact us as soon as possible if you detect errors in your statements or receipts or have questions or need further information regarding an electronic transaction on your account. For personal accounts, limitations on your liability for unauthorized electronic funds transfers and other electronic errors are explained in the EFT Disclosure Statement in our Consumer Terms and Conditions brochure. For business accounts, please refer to our Business Deposit Account Agreement and for business online banking services, our Business Internet Banking Agreement regarding liability and customer responsibilities.
We encourage you to visit our Identity Theft link which can be found at the bottom of any page of our website at www.benfrankbank.com for additional information to help secure your personal information. If at any time you have questions regarding security or possible fraud, please contact our customer service representatives at (847) 398-0990 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.